Coconuts are the greatest gifts nature gave to us. It supplies ALL that we need to live healthily on this planet.
- Young coconut water is nearly identical to human blood plasma.
- Coconut oil is the most abundant source of lauric acid, (50 percen) a fat rarely found in nature; it could be called the miracle ingredient, because of its health promoting properties. Our body converts lauric acid into monaural, which has anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-protozoa properties. Only breast milk has more concentration of lauric acid than coconut oil.
- Coconut oil is loaded with saturated fats, and is high in dietary fiber.
- Besides been a life saver, coconut and coconut products help you burn more calories and increase your energy level. It’s anti fungal, it kills the bacteria Staphylococcus Aurous, yeast candida albicans and many other infections in the body.
- Reduces seizures in epileptic children. Improves blood cholesterol levels, lowering the risk of heart disease.
- It’s a super antioxidant, a super anti aging hormone compound. It can help improve thyroid function.
- It’s a great natural sunscreen (20% protection), protects the skin against dryness, it also improves hair.
- Coconut oil can boost brain function in dementia and Alzheimer patients.
- Coconut fiber slows down the release of glucose, and reduces sweet cravings.
- It’s a gluten free, trans fat free food.
Here is a recipe for a guilt free protein bar baked with coconut oil.
6 Medjool dates pitted and quartered
½ cup almonds
½ cup cashews
½ cup walnuts
2 tablespoons hemp seeds
2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract pure
1 scoop protein powder; optional (I like Sun Warrior)
2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
(another powerful superfood)
1/2 cup organic unsweetened coconut flakes
2 tbs coconut oil
Combine almonds, cashews, walnuts and hemp seeds, in a food processor and pulse until well-combined. Then add the dates and pulse until mixture stick together and than add the remainning ingredients; (vanilla, protein powder, raw cacao and coconut oil)
Line the mixture in a small baking dish with parchment paper, and add the coconut flakes and press down with your hands until the flakes are inserted in the mixture. Press the mixture down until it is compacted and smooth.
Place dish in freezer for 1 hour. After 1 hour remove bars from dish by pulling out the parchment paper. Cut into 8 bars and wrap with parchment paper if desired. Store in fridge for up to 1 week.